compressor Pedal

Jerry Dylan
Jerry Dylan
05/05/2010 1:02 am
I just got a Boss compressor/sustain pedal and I'm not sure when to use it. I know what it does,but what might be a good time to put it into effect.
thanks for helping.
# 1
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
05/05/2010 2:55 pm
Some folks use it mostly on the clean channel. I think ren did an article in the newsletters. If you want to look for it, they are here:
http://www.guitartricks.com/newsletter_archive.php

Sorry, I did not have the patience to open & check which issue it was. :rolleyes:
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 2
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
05/09/2010 9:16 am
Hey Jerry, and Razbo,
I've run the same kind of pedal for about 10 years now. I think it really depends on the type of stuff you're playing. For most country I use it on the solos, for the blues and rock I use the sustain. It may not be the same for you though, I know some guys that use it more to boost their leads.

The most important thing is to make sure you have the amp tone you want without the pedals. To me pedals are like spices on food, they're not the main course. I'm all about tone, I want that beefy, full tone that makes you think you need to turn down a little. The thing is to do it without cranking the volume, as you add the tone you'll increase the volume. When you get that sound then add the compressor/sustain pedal, set the tone at about 1:00 to start. Set the level to where when you stomp it, your volume doesn't increase. The other settings will depend on what you're playing.

Have a good one, and let me know how it goes.
# 3
Dom IG
Full Access
Dom IG
Full Access
06/03/2010 1:27 am
I think people also use it in solos alot to make their guitar louder.
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent"-Victor Hugo
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.