my first music piece ( death - black metal)

seedo
seedo
04/27/2007 1:37 pm
hello:

please can you check the link below and tell me what u think about my music, i start learning guitar befor 2 monthes.

http://www.sadeed.net/music/god%20of%20war.mp3
thank u
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/27/2007 8:45 pm

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
seedo
seedo
04/27/2007 10:27 pm
y its moved?
oh ok i got it :D
# 3
ravenx495
ravenx495
04/28/2007 10:54 pm
hmm....for someone only playing for two months, that was pretty good. I have a few tips for ya though:

Unless the tempo of the song changes, keep a steady rythym if you dont have a drum track. If you cant, get a drum track.

Try to work on reducing the amount of extra noise you make with the guitar. Like there was a section where you were playing these low chords, i noticed a lot of extra strings being plucked on accident.

Oh yeah, tune your guitar!!! The song'll sound a lot better

Other than that, it was pretty good. My style too!! :D
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...
# 4
RGX312l
RGX312l
04/29/2007 3:38 am
WOW, 2 months and you playing power chords!! cool. It took me after 3 years to know there is such a thing called power chords!

personally, I think you should practice on acoustic gtr first, classical gtr (nylon strings) if possible. Get the technique right first, give yourself a firm foundation to build on in the future. I think by startng straight away plying electric, especailly with distortion, some of the basic techniques will not come easiliy to you later as you progress. Playing with distortion will mask many 'faults' in our playing.

Good luck and keep working on the frets:) Who know, in the future, this reply will look REALLY REALLY stupid becasue you would have become the next Malamsteen, Vai...etc.
"Dangerous Distortion, Serious Sustain"

www.soundcloud.com/rgx312l
# 5
ravenx495
ravenx495
04/29/2007 2:13 pm
dang, three years? I always thought power chords were the easiest thing when my teacher introduced em to me. (after a month or two of playing)

Anyway, seedo, that was really good for two months, but have you tried palm muting?

Oh nvm u did palm muting in the song i just heard it. But there's something I want you to try to learn. Its called pinch harmonics. In the death metal style, this is very common on the low strings for a mean squelling sound. Here's how u do it:

Take your pick and slide your thumb so the edge of the thumb lines up with the tip of the pick. (This works best if you have those Jazz 3s or thick small dunlop purples) Then, strike a string swiftly with a lot of strength, and you get a squeal. Add some vibrato and you get the meanest tone ever.

Try it out, re record the song with a few squeals in there!!! :D

Oh yeah, why not throw in a solo or two? Learn the pent. scale or even full out minor scale and lay down a solo in there :D

-Raven

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

# 6
seedo
seedo
04/29/2007 10:19 pm
hello guys:
thank u for the replys, thank u 495 for the advices and about the pinch harmonics do u know any videos for how to do it?

am now in a middle of writing another song its cooler, faster, heavier and more darker am really intrested in the pinch harmonics thing. i will try it sor sure.

thank u again
# 7
quickfingers
quickfingers
04/29/2007 10:44 pm
i dig the stylistic approach...very down-tempo black metal. are you into morgion or forest of shadows?

the intro sounded good to me; i actually liked the note choice and it was clean. well done.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 8
ravenx495
ravenx495
04/30/2007 1:21 am
Seedo, heres a link to a site with this guy who is a really great teacher. Hes got 17 metal inspired shredding lessons to improve speed, technique, etc. The pinch harmonic lesson is lesson #7.

Techniques With Todd

This guy is a really good teacher! :) Watch all of his videos! You can learn a lot!!!

# 9
Fret spider
Fret spider
04/30/2007 1:47 am
Originally Posted by: RGX312l
personally, I think you should practice on acoustic gtr first, classical gtr (nylon strings) if possible. Get the technique right first, give yourself a firm foundation to build on in the future. I think by startng straight away plying electric, especailly with distortion, some of the basic techniques will not come easiliy to you later as you progress. Playing with distortion will mask many 'faults' in our playing.

no offence meant but...

i dont think acoustic is a necessary thing to learn first a myth in my opinion. i went straight to electric and play my steel strum acoustic sometimes. it is true that i found goin from electric to acoustic hard at first purel due to the fact the action wasnt as low and the stringsd thinker but my dexterity was there if not the strength.

of course your talkin about a classical nylon string guitar. unless u want to play flamenco or classical guitar i dnt see the point in learnin to play on one. i just feel the neck proportions are so different, you might as well learn to play electric guitar by playin a bass. i thin classical stuff sounds great but i dont think its nesesary for electric.

and the othere thing about distortion. if anything if you make a mistake at high gain everyone will notice it. think if you are doin a sweep lick or just fast alternate picking. if you make other strings ring fractionally on a clean channel u might notice it but it wont sound bad (so long as its in correct key). on the other hand if you do that with distortion you will hear the two notes clashing very obviosly . this is due to the fact that distortion compresses some of the quieter frequencies a bit as well as other stuff.

anyway no hard feelins or anythin just my alternate point of view.

on the other hand it is very important to learn correct technique if you want to progress far. but this is better learnt on an electric (if u plan to play electric). :D
# 10
RGX312l
RGX312l
04/30/2007 1:16 pm
Hey, it's cool Fret spider , I dig what you are saying. There are so many ways to get the job done :) Really appreciate your alternate view.

I was speaking from my own experience. After one year playing on a nylon stringed gtr, I felt so 'free' on the electric - especailly with distortion. For the first 6 months I got my first eletric gtr, I did not touch the acoustic one. Then I realized I was getting sloppy with scales and my playing stamina decreased. So I made it a point to warm up with the classical gtr before playing the electric.

Well, this works for me. but I'm sure it is not the only way , and it is definaaltey not THE right way ,,haha.

Diversity, we should celebrate it. Hope our 'leaders' can manage to learn some part of it ...some day ;)

RGX312L
"Dangerous Distortion, Serious Sustain"

www.soundcloud.com/rgx312l
# 11
GuitarJunkie23
Access: Full
GuitarJunkie23
Access: Full
04/30/2007 7:21 pm
first I should say i'm not really into metal, or death metal I guess, but I liked it quite abit, I liked the intro too, sounded really good, and for two months is really good i'd say..
[FONT=tahoma]Jimmie Page is my Hero.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition." Timothy Leary[/FONT]
# 12
Fret spider
Fret spider
04/30/2007 9:38 pm
Originally Posted by: RGX312lHey, it's cool Fret spider , I dig what you are saying. There are so many ways to get the job done :) Really appreciate your alternate view.

glad u didnt take ofence. i do agree that playin my acoustic steel strummed helps with strength, and gives me better attack on the electric. but i thinks thats cos of the higher string gauge.
# 13
seedo
seedo
05/01/2007 8:28 pm
hello:

thank u guys again for your coments and advices.
well i want to tell you alittle of how am learning playing guitar.

i bought a yamaha starter guitar it took me one month to learn the very basic things about playing guitar, oh befor i continue telling you my story :)
i would like to mention i use to play piano but i quit, i discover its not my thing am full with anergy and anger and sadness cuz of some dark part of my life and also becuase whats going on in the crazy world, anyway after i learnd the very basic stuff i start knowing more about guitars si i dicided to buy BC rich guitar the beast model, and i start learning to play songs intros using guitar pro to know the tabs i playd intros for cradle of filth and dimmu borgir and grave worm and some solo for yngwie (brothers song), i start with slow stuf and am still slow except tremelo picking i focus alot on it, ofcource it took me many hours to learn i practis daylly alone in my room i have no teachers except the instructers of this site (which they help me alot thanks to them), now i will try to learn some scales and sweeps.
my style is something dark and sad mix with anger, i have a freind of mine he practis with me and we hope we make a band.
finaly i want to mention thats i think its very important to explor the guitar frets for example if listen to a piece of music and like to play it then try to playing it useing your ears it work with me, play the tones with your mouth and apply it to the guitar this is what i do, i dont know if that crazy but it work with me.

sorry for the bad english and thank you
# 14
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
05/01/2007 10:32 pm
Sounds like you've got a good hold on things. I, like you, started on the piano, which gave me a good understanding of music in general, and how to read music. Guitar became my love though. It's always good to try to learn songs by ear, rather than going straight to the tab. Tab is still a good tool though.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.