I believe in tablets

Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
07/18/2006 7:58 pm
Hi Guys,
I'm going back to hospital for a medication change.
I have chemical imbalance in the brain - this causes the pathways in the brain to crossover -such that I See my Thoughts ( hallucinations ) and Hear what I See( voices etc..).
I once saw written on my wall: Jesus Loves Me.- Terrifyingly reassuring ??
I look forward to chatting to you guys again - when they discharge me.
Later....
Gray
if you always take the lazy route
The Devil knows your every move ![COLOR=RoyalBlue]
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/18/2006 8:00 pm
wow like always being on LSD! :eek: Good luck with that man. Get well soon!
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
07/18/2006 8:40 pm
It's exactly like that except you are unaware you are unwell, but in a different world.
I've been on medications for nearly twenty years and their improving all the time.
Thanks
# 3
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
07/18/2006 8:50 pm
This has Great song potential. Good luck and get well soon. Then write the song....
# 4
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
07/18/2006 9:08 pm
Best wishes, mate. :)
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 5
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
07/18/2006 9:31 pm
I believe in tablets too.....if it wasn't for Xanax, I'd probably be behind bars by now....

Good luck with everything in the hospital.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 6
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
07/18/2006 9:46 pm
Did you hear the one about the two cows in a field.
One cow asks the other " have you got mad cow disease?"
" NO " says the other cow " I'm a chicken ".
# 7
lilifield
lilifield
07/18/2006 11:28 pm
I never heard that joke before, funny!

Here's one back to ya..... (only this ain't no joke)

I was newly married to my hubby who is a great fisherman. I was just learning the ropes of fishing and different kinds of fishes. I was telling my church group about how good the fishing was in Michigan. And when they asked me what tasted the best.... I said "oh the one eye wally is supposed to be really good". After all their faces turned red and saw my husband giggling hysterically beside me... he said "you mean Walleye don't you"?
# 8
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
07/19/2006 2:41 pm
I had to take meds once, but not for something as serious as this, now the only pills I take are aspirins

wish you all the best, hope they find something that works really good
= good music is good drinking =
# 9
HDJ
HDJ
07/19/2006 3:21 pm
Akira, that's why you never read the side effects. I learned not too a long time ago.

I've been prescribed Wellbutrin and Lexapro in the past. Only thing I take now is Xanax though.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 10
earthman buck
earthman buck
07/19/2006 4:53 pm
The only medication that has ever seemed to work for me is Tylenol 3. Seriously, codeine rulez.

Good luck with your treatment, Grambo. I wish you the best.
# 11
aschleman
aschleman
07/19/2006 5:15 pm
Could you imagine the song writing potential in someone that could control those kind of symptoms.... Hm....
# 12
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/19/2006 6:52 pm
Good luck with the meds. I'm sure it can seriously disorienting when you can't be sure how 'real' your perceptions are.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 13
earthman buck
earthman buck
07/19/2006 10:13 pm
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsGood luck with the meds. I'm sure it can seriously disorienting when you can't be sure how 'real' your perceptions are.

But then, who among us can? All we have to go on are our brains' perception of the 5 senses, and if those are screwed up, so is the universe, in the mind of the beholder.

I give these things a lot of thought.
# 14
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/19/2006 10:20 pm
One that always bothered me was color perception. We've all been trained to perceive the color of GT as "Red". What if what I see as red is really what you see for green and what I see for blue is what you see for red but since we've been trained that the name for the color is red, we are in total agreement that the color is red.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 15
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/20/2006 2:42 am
Originally Posted by: magicninjaOne that always bothered me was color perception. We've all been trained to perceive the color of GT as "Red". What if what I see as red is really what you see for green and what I see for blue is what you see for red but since we've been trained that the name for the color is red, we are in total agreement that the color is red.

Colours are different wavelengths of light, existing independantly of any observer. However we percieve a particular colour, that perception is consistent, and what you see as 'green' will also be seen as green by someone else. Things get a bit tricky in transistion areas like blue-green, but that's because some people discern small gradations in colour better than others, not because the colour they are looking at is actually different.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 16
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/20/2006 2:51 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckBut then, who among us can? All we have to go on are our brains' perception of the 5 senses, and if those are screwed up, so is the universe, in the mind of the beholder.

I give these things a lot of thought.

Perceptions need to be tested, just like any other concept. We can't see air up close, but we get independant confirmation of it's existence via observations, and our other senses. Neurological research has shown a bit about how we process sensory input, but no one can yet say for sure that we all process the data in the same way. And anyone who has ever experimented with LSD can confirm that the processing pathways can arbitrarily cross-couple. It can be liberating. It can be terrifying. And to some extent, it is real.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 17
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/20/2006 2:54 am
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsColours are different wavelengths of light, existing independantly of any observer. However we percieve a particular colour, that perception is consistent, and what you see as 'green' will also be seen as green by someone else. Things get a bit tricky in transistion areas like blue-green, but that's because some people discern small gradations in colour better than others, not because the colour they are looking at is actually different.

Yeah you right, I read awhil back about light wavelengths and such on an astronomy website. I'm just the kind of a seeing is believing and anything is possible guy.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 18
acapella
acapella
07/20/2006 4:02 am
The thing is, we don't KNOW anything is real. For all I know nothing is real but me. Maybe all this is a hallucination. Science can say anything, but how can you prove that it's true? You can't even prove gravity is real. Somebody (I think it was on the Matrix game, awful game) said that if you drop a rock a million times it could fall to the ground every time, but the million and first time it could rise to the ceiling, or something like that. And how do you know that color, space, or ANYTHING exists when nobody can see it? You can't! We know NOTHING! I could seriously go on for hours about this. Bottom line, you can't prove anything is real. Ever. Go ahead and try.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 19
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/20/2006 5:32 am
Originally Posted by: AkiraI remember when my acne was real bad, about a year or so ago, I was booked into an appointment with the hospital by my doc. Anyway, I go there, and she wanted to put me on some pills, she said she would give me some time to think about it, and she then gave me an A4 sheet of possible side effects. Holy freakin' carpola sticks, basically everything under the sun, from liver failure, to suicide. Even though these side effects are obviously sometimes not cause-effect from the drug (other circumstances could well have come into play depending on the individual taking it) I looked up some stuff about it, and sure enough, there seemed to be a history of this stuff causing serious problems for some people due to the way it directly altered your hormone levels. I went back, slammed her face into her table, broke all her pencils, and told her I didn't want to go on no damn pills.

acutane! I know, because I actually did take that stuff, for like 6 months, had to sign a waiver and all that. I didn't really experience most of the side effects, just a couple headaches, and I was throwing up one day. other than that, I was a little emotional, and tended to have mood swings alot. but never committed suicide or anything. It's not like the doctor didn't try other stuff first though, I tried EVERY over the counter medication, including the expensive stuff on infomercials. then I tried nearly every cream and pill (antibacterials only) that the dermatologist prescribed. finally, I got fed up, and asked specifically for this stuff, because it turns out that my acne wasn't caused by bacteria and dirt like most people's are. so treating bacteria didn't do anything! mine was caused by my body producing too much oil due to a hormonal inbalance which I got genetically (thanks dad). so I went on this stuff for about 6 months. my acne disappeared, and hasn't been back since. only thing I'm left with is physical scars where the acne was seriously THAT bad!

ANYWAY! enough about my problems. I wish you the best of luck dude!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.