something to share for bass players

solo bass man
solo bass man
05/11/2006 5:57 pm
i have learned something for coming up with a bassline that i havent been able to find so far in any literature.
when my guitarist uses a drop d tuning in a song, i have found found not every time but, many times it is easier for me to stay in a standard tuning. drop d for bass can be confusing. you cant follow a scale like normal because the e string is tuned down 2 frets.
but on the other side of the A string is a D string. this is handy because while the guitarist is going up in tone from the D-tuned E string to the A, the bassist can go down in tone from the D to the A. even though the bassist is playing the same thing, only "inverted", it gives some variety between the guitar and bass. then if the bassist wants to use a note on the low E string, you can still follow standard tuning scales.
i have applied this technique to a couple of our songs and it works quite well. i wished someone would have been able to tell me about this when i was first starting, so i though i would share it with someone else who may be in need

Any thoughts?
Solo Bass Man

MySpace

My Band Space
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.