10,000 days: its about freakin time

solo bass man
solo bass man
05/03/2006 10:05 pm
does anyone else think tool is playing some kind of game with their fans. 2 albums have come out in 10 years, last year they got their fans hyped up about the album but it didnt come out for another year. a few months ago i ordered a rare signed album off of their home page and they didnt make them available until like 8 hours after they said they were going to. i like to use the phrase "weeding out the unfaithful" but in the meantime it is frustrating.
Solo Bass Man

MySpace

My Band Space
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
05/05/2006 10:58 am
With the amount of side projects that Maynard had going on with A Perfect Circle... I don't think they've played any cruel jokes on the fans... or have been trying to weed out any unfaithful fans... I think they've just been concentrating their efforts in different places. During the hiatus I got my Tool fix by listening and getting into Chevelle and now just about 9 months ago I got into a band called 10 Years... who is probably the most Tool sounding band out there right now... They're a bad ass band... their independant release (before they got signed) is a great album and so is their first album "The Autumn Effect".
# 2
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/05/2006 4:07 pm
I don't hear much of a comparison (other than insanely good drummers), but a lot of people compare Candiria to Tool -- might be worth you guys checking out.

300 Percent Density is a good album.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
solo bass man
solo bass man
05/05/2006 4:42 pm
ill check out those 3 bands, thanks guys. i still think tool has done things over the years to jerk their fans around. there is plenty of evidence. i think a band like tool has the record company by the balls and can get away with anything. if i was in their shoes, i think id take some pleasure in playing around with the fans too.
Solo Bass Man

MySpace

My Band Space
# 4
suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
05/07/2006 9:28 pm
well i guess if the reason why its taken so long to release a new album is because they were lazy then i don't think ppl should respect them, but if every1 in the band was doing side projects and keepin busy then thats cool. nothing worse then ppl who dissapear from the radar once they've earnt their million and then immediately produce something when they've run out of money.
# 5
solo bass man
solo bass man
05/08/2006 4:16 pm
well i was complaining about it, and at the time it is annoying, but in the long run i think its cool, maybe something they will be known by.

i dont think they were lazy and running out of money, they are just a big powerful and influential band and maybe thought they would have a little fun with the fans. im not trying in any way to convince people not to listen to them or anything like that. im just trying to find someone that can confirm my theory. i still think they kick ass and will probably listen to them even after theyre done writing music
Solo Bass Man

MySpace

My Band Space
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.