classical basics

MoonliteShred
MoonliteShred
01/06/2006 6:33 am
Anyone here can give me a simple outline of a classical style. pls help me.
For the love of music not for the love of money!!! :D

:p
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/06/2006 11:31 am
I dunno listen to some Malmsteen and Michael Angelo? I don't know if that's what your after or if your talking about Esteban type stuff.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
MoonliteShred
MoonliteShred
01/06/2006 12:59 pm
i more on paganini and chopin. with a little bit of bach. actually i just want to learn deeper about how neo classical came about. i just want to know some chord progression. scales, key signatures etc. the common 1s

# 3
Superhuman
Superhuman
01/06/2006 4:53 pm
There's no easy way to learn it... you have to learn all of the techniques involved to be able to play it first. Then you have to know the fretboard backwards. Then you have to literally steep yourself in classical music.

The structures and progressions are so different to modern music and vary widely from composer to composer and era to era. There are no specific chords or scales etc... it just requires an exceptional knowledge of music and an ability to think outside of the box with regard to modern music.

You can get Yngwie, Angelo, Rhoads, Ziras runs etc from many places online, they will give you some ideas but won't help you to create your own licks. Check out www.guitar9.com for the lessons at the bottom of the homepage and look for Mike Campese. He transcribed some Paganini and also has good lessons on arpeggiated sweep picking and proper use of scales. Hope that helps.
# 4
alucard0941
alucard0941
01/06/2006 10:55 pm
Mostly, Classical guitar style isnt played on electric guitar. So your fingerpicking technique would be your biggest asset. You might want to practice your finger technique now and not even think about people like Malmsteen, and all the other neo-classical players, for they are not real classical.

The main style, at least one of the most important techniques is learing how to multitask with your bass finger (thumb) and your trebles (index, ring, middle,). Learn how to play with them simutaniously and at different rhythms, but still matching the same beat.

Unlike a new steriotype, most classical music is not shred music played by guitar Vitruosos. There are vast genras of classical within itself and learing how syncronize your fingers together to play treble and bass clef is most important.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 5
MoonliteShred
MoonliteShred
01/07/2006 1:41 pm
i see.

i notice its imposible to play classical on electric.

thanks for the help... :D

# 6
DeadInMagazines
DeadInMagazines
01/08/2006 4:05 am
Originally Posted by: alucard0941Mostly, Classical guitar style isnt played on electric guitar. So your fingerpicking technique would be your biggest asset. You might want to practice your finger technique now and not even think about people like Malmsteen, and all the other neo-classical players, for they are not real classical.

The main style, at least one of the most important techniques is learing how to multitask with your bass finger (thumb) and your trebles (index, ring, middle,). Learn how to play with them simutaniously and at different rhythms, but still matching the same beat.

Unlike a new steriotype, most classical music is not shred music played by guitar Vitruosos. There are vast genras of classical within itself and learing how syncronize your fingers together to play treble and bass clef is most important.

This is true.

I noticed that guitarists either speed up baroque era pieces or play songs by Romantic composers (Chopin, Pagaininni). I'd like to here someone play a liszt song on guitar, but I don't that's possible.
# 7
rockonn91
rockonn91
01/08/2006 6:14 pm
Originally Posted by: MoonliteShred
i notice its imposible to play classical on electric.

i believe you are mistaken. its no harder to play on an electric than on an acoustic, actually its usually easier to play.

what do you mean by "impossible"? do you mean your hands just dont work playing classical on electric? or do you mean it just sounds wrong?

if its the latter of the two, that can easilly be fixed- you just have to play with all the settings.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 8
alucard0941
alucard0941
01/09/2006 12:18 am
yea of course its possible to play on electric guitar. If its possible to play Jazz on violin, anything is possible :p

You know what? There is a reason there is a special guitar called the Classical guitar ;) So you can easily play classical based music finger demanding music on it with a wider fingerboad and nylon strings for the mellow and soft sound, than on electric.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.