just some questions i need help with

onlinejames
onlinejames
09/01/2005 5:06 pm
well hello to everyone first,

My problems are, i just bought a secondhand ibanez acoustic guitar with steel strings, and its got a pick up in it. Its for my 11 year old son who is upgrading from a nylon string guitar

1. the equalizer in it is very odd not original and doesnt seem to work, is it possible to buy a ibanez equalizer preamp for my guitar so i can just screw it in without having to cut anything?
2. Is there any online guides that would show me how to install a after market eq preamp, as every eq ive seen i have to cut my guitar to make it fit
3. are the ( in hole pickups ) ok to use?
4. is it possible to plug the guitar into a home theatre amp?
5. whats something good to remove scratches from the back of the guitar, can you just use cut and polish for cars?
6. Where can you find a web site for fingertabs, with maybe some directions how to play and read them?

sorry for the noob question
thanks for any help
# 1
sigment frued
sigment frued
09/01/2005 8:40 pm
I can answer 2 of them questions for you

4. yes
6.http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php
just search that site but first you have to download the powertab itself, it's free.
www.powertabs.net download the biggest file there and then go back to the top site on then they will give you intructions and even play it out for you
cowardice lies beneath the skin,
through your you see power love peace,
i see betrayal hate a grudge flourished through time.

then comes the solo
www.siroccoband.com
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/01/2005 9:02 pm
Also try mxtabs.net and ultimate-guitar.com
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
09/01/2005 9:09 pm
ok, wow... umm, well, I believe that you could plug your guitar into a home theater, but you'd probably need to head over to radioshack and get some kind of adaptor for the guitar cable.

there's plenty of guitar tab websites, do a google search on fingerstlye guitar tabs... or something like that. or, use either powertabs (already mentioned, it is the best but you have to downlad something before you can use it) www.guitartabs.cc and I think www.olga.net is a good one too.

as for the preamp, I'd head over to the ibanez website, click on "parts" choose the year and model number of your guitar, and they should have the preamp on there... not sure how to order one from them, but you could at least find what you want.

I don't see why you couldn't use the pickups

and i would not use car polish to get rid of the scratches, I'm not very knowledgable in guitar finishes, but that might do more harm then good. they do make polishes made just for guitars that you should be able to find at your local guitar store for a couple bucks though.

hope that helps!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 4
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
09/01/2005 9:48 pm
I've heard that some people use toothpaste to buff out light scratches.....Just what I've heard, don't know for a fact if it's a good idea.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.