View post (Beginers guitar acoustic or electric)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
08/11/2005 7:59 pm
i got an electric first, i was raised on electric for the first 6 months i played. its true, when i got my acoustic a bit later, it wasnt as fun for alot of things becuase the string gauges where so much thicker. since then, ive upped my string gauge on my electric and acoustic, and i like playing lead guitar on my acoustic just as much as my electric. i think the problem with me was that i got semi good at electric my first year, and when i played acoustic, i couldnt play it as good, so i felt like a beginner again. what you have to do is just admit that you suck at first, and go from there. thats the only way. yea, it takes more practice to play stuff (usually) on acoustic, but wth practice its just as natural.

still, i think you should buy and electric, becuase alot of dumbasses give away cheap acoustic guitars becasue they got them 5 years ago and never learned how to play. i picked up a classical guitar from a friend and its my favorite guitar to shred on.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE