dream theater VS symphony x

MoonliteShred
MoonliteShred
05/25/2005 1:21 am
this two bands are often compared. they are on the top of the prog metal genre. i would like to hear your opinions over those two bands. you really dont need to choose whos better.

I like dream theater because they are an impressive band(almost all star cast). everytime I hear those guys they left me drooling. how did they do that? hehehehe the only downfall of this guys is i hate their vocalist. his voice sounds very wet. althought i like the way he sings in hollow years and solitary shell. i thinks he better stay singing on slow dor mellow ones.

Symphony x their music is very catchy. they have a reputation of releasing sure bet albums. and I would agree to that. they create really good songs. superb composition. i like the way their vocalistd sings. very talented.

conclusion:
dream theater in terms of technicallity they are the best
symphony x well in my opinion they are the one of the best creative bands around
For the love of music not for the love of money!!! :D

:p
# 1
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/25/2005 10:08 am
Strange...many many many people I have spoken to(and myself included) love Dream Theatre, musically, but dont like the vocals...maybe they should do summin about that...but then it wouldnt be Dream Theatre, would it?
I dunno, cant question their musicianship tho.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 2
timesignal
timesignal
05/25/2005 12:26 pm
symphony x is lame with a lousy guitarist and dream theatre can kick symphony x'asses away easily in general, and petrucci PWNS michael romeo in particular
# 3
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
07/11/2005 9:23 pm
IMO symhony x couldn't touch dt with a 1000000000000000000000000000 foot pole. And Labrie has an amzing voice with 10 times the range of the symphony x singer. Petrucci, Portnoy, Myung and Rudess kick ass as well.

I also don't like Romeos style or tone.

But its only my opinion...
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/11/2005 9:29 pm
Which era of Dream Theater are we talking about here? If it's new DT, then Symphony X all the way, but if it's older stuff then obviously I change my stance.

Originally Posted by: Andrew SAStrange...many many many people I have spoken to(and myself included) love Dream Theatre, musically, but dont like the vocals...maybe they should do summin about that...but then it wouldnt be Dream Theatre, would it?
I dunno, cant question their musicianship tho.

That's because the vocals suck.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
07/15/2005 5:49 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic Excretions

That's because the vocals suck.

...In your narrow minded opinion.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.