digitech rp-50 V.S zooom 505

MoonliteShred
MoonliteShred
05/04/2005 4:01 am
im thinking of adding a multi effect on my chain because I cant afford to buy lots of modulation effects so it would be a good idea to buy multi's that single. anyway i found my distortion pedal. so i was thinking w/c of the 2 is best to buy.

any people of you people ever tried those 2?
For the love of music not for the love of money!!! :D

:p
# 1
BORN2DIEB430
BORN2DIEB430
05/04/2005 7:41 am
I have never played the digitech, but out of the two I would pick it anyway! I have played a Zoom 505, and I honestly think it was the worst piece of equipment I have ever owned! The sounds are cool, and it is full of features, but the on stage practicality of the Zoom is non-exsistent. If you used multiple effect settings in one song, and then performed a second song with multiple settings you wouldn't be able to program both sequences. And trying to stomp your way through all those settings and pre-fab mixes is a rediculous idea. Have you thought about looking at the POD effects? I haven't had any personal experiance with them, but I have heard nothing but good reports on them. My personal opion is save your money, and slowly build yourself a rack of stomp pedals. That way you have time to play and figure each one out by the time you are ready for the next one. Instead of getting all of the effects at once and jumping around, doing more experiment than advancement. It is your money though, spend it how you wish!
Diamond Dimebag Darrel Abbot will live FOREVER!
# 2
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
05/04/2005 7:27 pm
I got an RP-100 and it's perfect for my needs. However it might not shine in a live gig setting, but it could be done. Just have your song's tones (if more than one) stored sequentially next to each other so you don't have to jump from preset #2 to #30 in the middle of the song. It's proven to be very useful and versatile otherwise though...from noise gate and compressor, to delays and chorus. Also Digitech has a user patch library for certain tones I browse through sometimes, some are great, some aren't. Here's the library for the RP-50
As for Zoom, I don't have much experience with them except a drum machine (which is kinda hard to use and has yet to prove its usefullness), but I haven't heard anyone ever say they're good, quite the opposite.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 3
MoonliteShred
MoonliteShred
05/05/2005 2:06 am
wow thanks!

go with the digitech rp 50...

thanks for the info....
For the love of music not for the love of money!!! :D

:p
# 4
Lazerjeebs
Lazerjeebs
05/05/2005 7:16 pm
I have the Digitech RP80. I would recommend going for the RP80, it's exactly the same as the RP50, but it also has a built in expression pedal. Very useful for controlling the amount of effect (delay, chorus or reverb).

Here's a very cool site that does a great job of explaining how to best program the RP50: http://pr50.seite0.de/

Enjoy! :D
:cool:
Everything is OK in the end.
If it's not OK, then it's not the end.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.