View post (5150)

View thread

LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/06/2001 3:09 am
*Uhhhmmmm, I'm a new member here and I DEFINATLY don't want to piss ANYBODY off, But here goes my 5150 experience: I was at the local guitar store here in Albany, NY (Drome Sound) and I see that this guy and his girl are there tryin' out different ampz and it was CLEAR that the girl wanted to buy her man an amp for X-mas and he, pretty much, had his choice in the store to get :D (I wish my Ol' lady would do that for me :) )...Well, here is this slick-ass salesman tryin' to shove this 5150 (Full rack) in his face and wheelz it over and cranx it up...YUK.....So, when the salesman turns his back, I whisper to him that the low-end "just ain't there" and before he chooses the 5150, to try just (1) Marshall 1/2 cabinet with a Marshall JCM Head....The salesman overheard me and was THOROUGHLY pissed.....Tee-hee (Apperantly, the commission he woulda gotten from the 5150 was more...screw 'em ) ....I went about my business buying a DBX for the rack and next thing I know, I turn around and Heard "THAT SOUND"....Yup, you got it....The Marshall was kickin'....Next thing ya know, the Marshall is bein' pushed over to the Check-out counter and the man comes over and shakes my hand thanx the V, BIG TIME.....The salesman also saw this and wasn't impressed...Bummer :D:D:D
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D