View post (Were Dealing With A New Species.....)

View thread

jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
01/21/2001 5:08 pm
wassup everybody, just thinking about all the pop and crap in the world today, and started thinking about how we have a new species of pop artists far stronger than any we have ever experienced. I think they're like highly evolved roaches. You know back in the 80's and early nineties, a pop or bubblegum person could get a hit and that would be it, they might try to put a second album but it would fail horribly. I hear a lot of people say "bubble gum like that will just blow away, just wait a year" I don't feel it's going anywhere, you know they're putting out successful albums back to back. When limp bizkit first came out people were like" well that band won't be here next year" but they have stood to put out three successful albums. Britney "OMG" sucks like no other, but she ain't going nowhere, britney and a lot of other bogus artist like the bsb and n'sync are gonna be around til they walk away from the biz or just turn 30. Does that mean we have to keep hearing from these guys for 5-8 more years? I hope not.
I think there should be an entire system of networking channels to keep no-talent,bubblegum-blowin',teen-crooning,heart-throbbin' schmoes like that from reaching the mainstream. But it think it works the other way around, were they keep out the good stuff. I also think that Nickelodeon has a hand in pushing people like that, cause i notice they are on these bubblegum kids like 4 or 5 months before they even come out. i'm sick of aaron carter, i'm sick of britney, i'm sick of bsb, and i'm sick of n'sync.
"Take my hand boss"