View post (After Fundamentals 2)

View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
01/11/2024 8:13 pm
#5 Originally Posted by: jibran.shahid123

actually william my biggest fear is that if i dive into stuff i like i'll eventually run out of resources or material which is not true i know. i am so impressed which this website that i want to try everythin but honestly i dont even know what country is, heard a little blues but the rythm parts bore me. i want to play lead but i have an acoustic so i figure why let it go to waste. my first goal is to nail the solo from dont cry by guns and roses and then start posting my improvisations on electric on youtube and get some buzz going. thanks a lot for your response. i'm looking forward to learning from you guys, who are a lot better than me and have invested more time and effort into this so that i can learn from your mistakes. please do share.

I understand, dabbling is good.

Country is fine,  when I hear a country song I want to play I find the chords by ear and start playing. Its a great skill for you to learn and once you have it, you have it. If you want some pointers let me know. 

Don't be afraid to practice lead on acoustic, I do it all the time. Makes no difference what you use as long as you have the licks down. Whatever guitar is at hand when I want to/am able play is the one that gets played no matter what the song.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!