View post (Starting at 77)

View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
11/04/2023 3:53 pm
#5 Originally Posted by: mark1

Sorry for the delay - I did not receive an email notification for any of the replies. I'll look around more closely to see if I missed an authorization.

I'm going to list a number of questions that I'm certain you all can explain straightaway.

1. To the right of Anders' video is the treble clef with his corresponding chord notes and the Tab (which I now get) and a metronome setting. BUT throughout my initial 1-6 lessons, Anders, or anyone else, has said zip about when or why I'm to study the information. So I've been hiding it. I'm having enough to do with just his lesson. But if the instructor isn't addressing the information, why include it? I don't get it.

2. By the way, this is what you mean about the tab- No? If so I think I can see the brain value:-)

E|------------------------|
    B|----1-------------------|
    G|------------------------|
    D|------------------------|
    A|------------------------|
    E|------------------------|

3. I don't understand why playing scales hasn't been addressed? As much as I wasn't in love with them on the piano, after time, I credit the persistent practicing of them to my eventually becoming friends with the piano.

4. Here's a big learning concern. When starting the piano, you do so with the C major chord and the C root triad CEG. And then progressively following each next key, each next scale... But Anders starts with the E minor and then the G major. Nothing has been explained and I sure can't see any logical reason or eventual structure. So to summarize - I feel lost in a forest with no map or compass. Make any sense? 

I think that's more than enough for now :-). I just found the BIG red Subscribe button.

You should probably reach out to Anders directly Mark. I say this because he is the instructor and since you are questioning, maybe critiquing to a degree, I know he would appreciate the chance to respond directly. He will get back to you. He has his own section here in the forum.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!