View post (Man of Constant mumbled Sorrow)

View thread

Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/31/2023 3:16 pm
#5 Originally Posted by: aliasmaximus

Hey again Mike,

My problem ultimately stemmed from the fact that the low E string was buzzing when I had the capo on. I put a tad more relief in the guitar neck and the buzzing stopped. I finished the tutorial but there's a lot of practice ahead of me.

Also, I started your "Spooky" tutorial and once again very much enjoy your teaching style (and killer playing!). My two lazy hounds apparently aren't feeling the funk and have no interest in accompanying me on this one, so the vocals are all on me.

I was blown away at the total number of song tutorials you've done! Approximately how much time does it take to produce one of those tutorials, from first listen to end scene?

The first time I recall hearing this song was in the film "O Brother, Where Art Thou" and the kid who played the guitar part had to sell his soul to the devil in order to acquire the requisite skills. You haven't made any questionable deals with any nefarious spirits, have you?

OK, last dumb question. Is that a G7th brand capo you use in the video?

Sascha

Sascha!! Great news you were able to get rid of the low E buzz! And thanks for the kind words about (houndless haha) Spooky - glad you're digging it.

In general, once a month I'll travel to the LA area to film GT tutorials, and I'll usually prep between 4-6 songs at a time per trip. So that gives me (more or less) 3 weeks of prep time for each batch of songs. I also create the backing tracks for the songs. Once it's filmed, it's all handed off to the editing and transcription teams, so it's usually 3-6 months before a song will appear on the site.

And yes, that is the G7 capo - I bought a few many years ago when they first came out, and they're still holding up!

Cheers!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach