Enough with the Stones already

W3
Full Access
W3
Full Access
10/21/2023 11:31 am

I’d be pretty ticked off if I had a lifetime membership before knowing they chopped all those songs. But yeah, if it was free…

# 21
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
10/21/2023 12:54 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: TheGitard

Seems like every new song is a Stones song.  This is going to piss some people off but enough of the Stones already.  We lost 100 songs and replaced it with 96 Tears.

Rant over... carry on

If it's any consolation to you, TrueFire, an internet guitar learning site much larger than Guitar Tricks in terms of coursework currently has a total of 472 song tutorials.  I spoke with their support staff and was informed that they never drop songs. However, once you weed out the songs written and performed by their own instructors, silly campfire songs, and tutorials without music or tabs to play from, they only have around 250 professional song tutorials (and not a single Stones song!). However, it's taken them 16 years to accumulate that many songs. GT currently has over 800 song tutorials and their all top notch.

GT staff wants to keep adding new songs but they are apparently not willing to increase (and may even have cut) their budget for copyright leasing of music. Consequently, they predictably drop songs as new ones come on board. The ~100 song dump was probably due to the fact that the number of memberships likely dropped precipitously following termination of the pandemic lockdown, just as that number swelled following the initiation of the lockdown in early 2020. So, revenues are likely down.

Sascha

edited
# 22
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
10/21/2023 2:08 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: DeepBluZzz

I just recently joined GT. I didn't come here for GT to teach me songs, Stones or otherwise. I joined so that they can teach me to play any song that I hear, figure it out on my own, and make it mine. If we want to learn a song, OMG, the choices are endless on YouTube. For me, it's about the music, not someone else's song. There is a song inside of each and every one of us...we just need to play it!

Mike

"Played it 'til my fingers bled"

I think you're going to be disappointed, Mike. This really isn't that type of site. It's geared heavily toward teaching music theory to beginners. Sure, you'll find some lessons scattered about in here that concern improvisation and songwriting, but there are no dedicated courses. For that you'd be better off at a larger learning site with more content. Check out TrueFire. They have full courses on everything from ear training, to chops building, soloing, lead guitar, rhythm guitar, technique, improvisation, theory, licks, composition, etc, in about every musical genre you can think of. However, they have no forum like this one. No forum at all for that matter.

Sascha

edited
# 23

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.