View post (Just how many guitars does one need...)

View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
10/05/2023 2:38 pm
#23 Originally Posted by: ddiddler

ha ha

I thought I'd scratched the itch.

Well less than a year on I went and did it again.

Tried to trade in my laminate acoustic only to have the disappointment of a refusal. The solid top was showing signs of bowing so they wouldn't/couldn't take it. 

But the itch was too strong once your in the shop. Been watching the Alvarez youtube videos and Chris Miekle the CEO hails from my part of Northern England.  So Alvarez MF60OM now has a home.  Acoustic traded in at a Cash converter.  So with a price match for the Alvarez and the cash trade in I only put what I had originally intended in to the deal. So all round happiness .

So all wood Faith Parlour. very happy playing it, the Epiphone LP, probably played the least but fun through a Fender LT25 amp , Sigma solid top classical,  very nice sound and ticks the boxes for my classical learnings,  all wood Alvarez OM a definite step up in quality for me.  On a par with the Faith Naked Mercury parlour. 

So hopefully that's all bases covered and that itch is finally scratched.  Next step up would be a big step in guitar and budget and I don't see myself going there.

Are those the famous last words. Don't think so this time.

Dave L

Well, don't hold yourself to account if you get the bug again Dave 😉

The Alvarez looks like a beauty. I also bought another guitar since buying the Tele. But this time is was a MIM Strat. But now I am sure I am done...

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!