View post (Greetings Earthlings)

View thread

longfang72
longfang72
03/30/2023 8:25 pm

Hello there, I am just north of 50 yrs old and I had tried most of my life to play guitar and failed (my fault) 

But here I am many years later with a renewed sense of purpose and desire. I am treating myself as beginner because if I am honest with myself...

skill wise that's where I am. 

So I am going to start with Anders Level 1 Acoustic course here and I have some question even if the answers seem obvious.

1st.  How long should I practice each lesson and how will I know if I am actually ready to move to the next lesson?

2nd. I ultimately want to play Rock, Metal (Many different Flavors of Metal) and oddly enough I really like flamenco style guitar as well. so with the beginner lessons can I / should I also start doing the lessons in the specific genre I want to play at the same time or one thing at a time

(what is a good method) ?

Just so you know some of my favorite bands (in no particular order) are.

Megadeth, Testament, Machine Head, Rush, Dream Theater, Symphony X , Orbit Culture, Currents, Arch Enemy, Nevermore, Firewind

And any thing 80's Metal or Hair Metal

Glad to be here....please help with my questions if able, I want to get started in the most efficient way if I can.

Thank you

edited