View post (Nirvana Sound Gear and Effects)

View thread

Violanted
Violanted
02/13/2023 1:05 pm
#4 Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Mike is using a Strat with a single coil (which is going to sound a little brighter because it has more high end treble) & less gain on the amp.  You can turn down the gain & bass & turn up the treble.  You might also turn the guitar volume down a little.  Those humbuckers add a bit of gain.

Those are the differences.  But really it's close enough to just play & learn the song!  Sounds like you are strumming in time & having fun.  Hope that helps!

Yes you got it, I was actually thinking the guitar to be the little issue.

I like the sound of strats, I had a Fender Classic 50s and stupidily sold it for the PRS, somehow I thought it would have suite me better. Now, after 1 year of playing and probably because I build Amps since 5 years now I am getting better to know more in depth guitar, gears etc.

However the strumming on that video are cra....p hehehe, the new version of what I have been playing is a lot better.

I am getting a strat soon I love to play guitar I will put all my efforts to become a decent player that can enjoy some rock and roll with my band mate :-) 

Thanks so far and I'd say that we can confirm that depending of the songs Nirvana used to use Small Clone and DS-2, correct?

Cheers,

edited

Dave Mojo

davide.violante@rockers.rocks

www.rockers.rocks

[u]Netheralnds[/u]