View thread

tammielyn.ts
Full Access
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
11/18/2022 5:28 am
#2 Originally Posted by: William MG

Here is some encouragement:

You are where you are supposed to be. Enjoy the experience, there is no test at the end of this.

I cheat like a son of a gun Tammie, and I don't care and neither does anyone else. It's supposed to be fun. So for an example. I just learned Suzie Q. The hardest part was the finger picking. The chords - easy peasy because I cheat! I don't care if I have the strum pattern down, all I need to hit is the chord in step with the bass and 99.9% of the time I just use power chords. And I love it. Because I'm playing along to the song and having fun.

It could be age, it could be lack of coordination,  but whatever, some chords are too hard and at my age, this is just for fun.

A drink, some friends or a backing track ... it's all I want.

Try to take the pressure off and take your success where it comes. 

Good luck!

TX so much! I think I may have a drink, might help with my songwriting!  Sure will loosen me up in these moments. I just thought hopefully when I do play perfectly it will be done no more "bad days". Not true!  Just kind of got in my head a bit. I'm a bit of a perfectionist yikes. Happy guitar journey friends glad we are in this together.  I do think guitar tricks needs to have troubleshooting tutorials. There's tons of those on YouTube. They don't really have that on here as far as I know.  Like I'm learning a new riff. And. I tried to find tutorials on bending. And it assumes you already know how to bend? That's crazy that there's not a tutorial on bending. 101.  Oh well that's what YouTube is for. Enjoy your drinks and friends and your guitar!