View post (Just starting and feel like it’s impossible already please help!)

View thread

ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
11/18/2022 9:57 am

to Jeff

but also applies to Kyle

I'm sure I'm like many I trawl around the internet watching other tutorials and videos

JustinGuitar is another well known lesson site

He is an accomplished guitarist and tutor but he is doing a range of lessons as he relearns the guitar left handed

He is constantly being surprised by the difficulty and awkwardness of the movements he is trying to ingrain in his new positions. He admits it has made him rethink about how he teaches his lessons

Having to go back to using a very paper thin pick . Having to go very slow and a step at a time and not rushing to the next step that his right hand brain knows so well.

It's something we have chosen to attempt . We know a new skill is never easy and yet we constantly beat ourselves up when we aren't playing full songs after 5 minutes.

keep it fun. Find some recognisable one string licks, even if it is Smoke on the Water,  it's something you can easily do which you can go back to and get something which is recognisable as musical and cheers us up at the same time. 

We need to get our fun anyway we can to overcome those frustrations which everybody had and we can see so many got through

Dave

edited