View thread

rpgarrett75703
Full Access
rpgarrett75703
Full Access
10/20/2022 4:41 pm
#27 Originally Posted by: Adam Alicki

Hey Stevelaba,

This should now be fixed and displaying the entire Notation.

Adam, are you aware of a problem with the format when saving or printing lesson notations? During the process I encountered 2 problems. First, after you Click on “PRINT NOTATION” and then Click the “Save” button, when you go to enter a “File name” to save it to it doesn’t save it with the file type PDF. The file type extension is omitted from the saved file name which means it appears as a file with no type on my computer. If I then rename the file and add the PDF extension, then it will open as a PDF file. However, the real problem is that when printing or saving to PDF the format is horrible as it splits the notation in inappropriate places making it unreadable and difficult to follow. I can't upload the files here, but it used to be the case (prior to the website change) where multi-page lesson notations were made up of several discrete pages with the page number appearing on the bottom of each page. The formatting was perfect. Now if I print/save the same lesson notations they have no page numbers at the bottom and it is being treated as a single continuous page and when saved as a PDF file (or sent to a printer) the file is split arbitrarily into multiple sections for viewing and printing purposes. In cases where the notation is more than one page a tabular staff might get split down the middle such that the top half of the tabular staff containing the first 3 strings may appear on one page and the bottom half of the tabular staff containing strings 4, 5, & 6 may appear on the next page. Previously, that tabular staff would not have been split in that manner. So while the content is still the same, something in how the notation is formatted for printing or downloading has changed and is not limited to any specific lesson. I rely on properly formatted printed notations for practicing so this is interfering with my progress. Can this be fixed so that the notation displays properly when downloaded as a PDF file or sent to a printer? I can provide before and after PDF files of the same lesson demonstrating the formatting issues but unfortunately I can't upload them here.