View post (Chords fingers placement)

View thread

nandre1276
Full Access
nandre1276
Full Access
08/27/2022 10:26 am

Thanks Christopher

[br]With one or two fingers at a time I was practicing with a metronome strumming on beat one and increasing the tempo by 5 or 10 when my chords changing was perfect at the last tempo.

I did the same with placing my fingers all at once and I noticed that I had to go back and lower the tempo for each chords changes.

I'm taking notes on what I'm doing to remember how I have to practice each chords changes, here are the two notes, the old one with one or two fingers at a time and the new one with all fingers at once.

[br]

[br]

Originally Posted by: Rumble Walrus[p]As usual, Chris is spot on.

[br]The only thing I may add is perhaps to work on three chords at a time - specifically the 3 major chords in a particular key. While I was growing up, everyone around me learned G, C, and D major first (Key of G), then A, D, and E major (key of A).

[br]Learning the major chords in a key opens up the ability to work on songs while improving your chording skills.

[br]In my neck of the woods, we played a lot of country and bluegrass, so banging your way through those two keys ensured that you could at least sit in the back row on jam sessions.

The chords are pretty easy to learn.

[br]Have fun!

Thanks that's a good advice, but I just followed the fundamentals 1 course for beginner, so the only chords I'm practicing for now are Em, Am, D and C. I noticed that I can't do any song with those chords, for exemple the simplified version of Simple Man use the G chord. It will take time but I guess I will focus on those first because I'm too advanced in the my practice with those chords, and more chords to practice would take too much time. If I have known before I would have practiced the way you said.

I wanted to ask you, what does it means when you say key of G and key of A?