View post (first time in the blog (Army Story))

View thread

chrisisroks
chrisisroks
06/21/2022 7:51 am

hello all... So a bit about myself, I tried to join the Army infantry back in 2018, went to benning for basic and was set to become 101st Airborne.... but thats not exactly how it panned out. Unfortunatly I got a medical discharge for passing out twice because I was dumb or wise depending how you look at it. So basicly I went lights out the first time during intense exercise cuz i dident have enough salt in my system, I got horrendusly bullied and beaten up a few times " for motivation" and by golly it worked because I became too motivated and I pushed myself way too hard during a run till I went lights out again, I thought I did good at first until I realized I was in an ambulance and my Drill Instructor told me I was going home. I was incredibly sad when hearing this. But my buddy I had in basic told me recently that 8 guys we knew have already died in combat. my bud also got PTSD pretty bad after getting shot and seeing horrible stuff. maybe I should count myself lucky for getting out when I did, though part of me feels like my place could have been fighting alongside my brothers-in-arms.

Moma always said life is like a box of rocklets. you never know what your gonna shred