View post (Utterly lost and confused)

View thread

Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
04/19/2022 4:13 pm

Pretty eclectic taste, it would appear. I have to confess that I had to Google Tangerine Dream - downright shameful since I was a keyboard guy for decades. :P I played some of their tracks on Spotify and recognized a few of them - especially the one used in the movie "Risky Business".

I asked about the car because, for me, "car music" is generally like comfort food for my mind. I crave it. I like it. But, it doesn't distract me from the primary task of driving.

With that said, and holding in a very silly manner to the food metaphor, what's your Mac-and-cheese" comfort food music? That's where I'd dive in first. For me? It's definitely Allman Bros, ZZ Top, and that type of music from the late 70's early 80's and those influenced by Blues/Rock since.

I (genuinely) listen to almost anything but only really want to play some things.

Main thing for me at this stage of my life is to find a groove, drop into it for as long as it pleases me, then hop over to the next interesting groove. I have nothing musically to prove to anyone except myself.

Sounds like you definitely have the tools. Lean back and enjoy it!