View post (Frozen Vienna sausage fingers)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
04/15/2022 7:14 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcat

Concur 100%. Fit is paramount, yet in my observation a majority will still ignore it over buying on headstock label/brand and looks driven by ***, which of course sales droids will happily exploit in that moment of in-store buyer excitment as it means a immediate sale and at higher margins generally.

I know we've chatted (and agreed) that all the value is in the ability to enjoy and play. I still love how my Gretsch Electromatic Jet plays and I got that one on sale for $150 off! It was $650 and I got it for $500. Then again, I played a few of them before buying and realized there is much I like about them. I am going to swap out pickups to TV Jones for a 'more Gretsch' sound but since I've saved $150 when I bought it, I 'payed' for at least one pickup.

Anyway, I digress...Being in the moment can lead to snap judgements and you come home with something you're not really sure you like. By knowing I liked Gretsch and also doing this thing where I pine long enough for something, it ends up on sale, I got a good value that I love to play.

If you're lifelong goal is to own a Gibson Les Paul Stnadard, save and get what you want. If you want to play guitar and the bank tells you that you don't have a Les Paul budget, there are a ton of great options.

Like that Yamaha Revstar. Mighty fine guitar there...I'm sure you concur manX :)