View post (feeling wrist pain on left hand)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
10/18/2021 8:33 pm
[/quote]

thx for the answer, I didn't practice by myself, I was just playing along with Lisa's tutorial on beginner fingerstyle, that play along lasted no more than 3 minutes. Before I reply to your comment here, I was playing along with Lisa again, same thing, wrist pain, but this time it extends from the wrist to my arm, but it went away in less than 30 seconds. I guess I'm good then. Thanks for the insight.

Have a great day.

[/quote]

If your pain is increasing, you might want to see a Physical Theripist. What you are trying to avoid is increaing pain. If it becomes a constant thing you have gone to far in pushing yourself.

I have to inform you that I don't have any ablity to diagnos your problem over the interwebz. If that pain is does not go away OR it keeps getting worse BE CAREFUL!! If it happens every time you play a particular piece, you should back off that piece. What you describe could be a problem if you can't learn how to play it without pain. Pain is never your friend.

Any chronic pain should be see by a professional.

I also have to ask how high on your body are you wearing the guitar. Low guitar looks like Keith Richards but it is hard on your joints... because it is inefficent. If you have to bend your wrist to play the guitar... it is probably too low on your body. Look at how your guitar hangs on your strap, while you wear your guitar, in front of a mirror. If you ax is down around your hip... you should try adjusting your strap to hold the guitar higher.

Captcha is a total pain in the........