Playing Back in Black

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/21/2021 2:30 pm
Originally Posted by: snpfarmMy whole intentions were to say that if Malcom or Angus were making that kind of stretch then their hands are way out of portion to their stature. I have to jump back and forth to make it work.

You can see pretty clearly how Malcolm played the riff in a couple of spots in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/21/2021 2:36 pm
Originally Posted by: Herman10

To come back to the PO 's issue, easy work around;

A--2------2------2------2-2

e -----4-------5------6--

same note but little different sound and nobody will really hear the difference.

Good observation! When I've played the song live I alternated between the original fetting & these these options to keep it interesting.

|-------------------------------|

|--2----2--0--2--1--2--2----|

|-----4-------------------------|

|--7--4--7--5--7--6--7--7--|

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 2
JeffS65
JeffS65
10/21/2021 5:00 pm
Originally Posted by: DraconusJLM

I can't get a photo of my Gretsch to upload but this is the website; mine has Orange stain:

https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/hollow-body/g5420t-electromatic-hollow-body-single-cut-with-bigsby/2506011512

I would have gone for a 6120 but can't really justify the spend on top of my Strymon addiction :)

First, I love the orange and was thinking of a full hollowbody (but also want a Danelectro but ultimately aiming for a Gibson Firebird...soooooooo). I do think the Electromatics hold up really, really well. I've said it before but when I bought my Electromatic (solid body, single cut Jet BT in Jade) I wasn't intending on buying one. I just played it and loved the feel. I still do.

# 3
snpfarm
snpfarm
10/21/2021 7:58 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel
Originally Posted by: snpfarmMy whole intentions were to say that if Malcom or Angus were making that kind of stretch then their hands are way out of portion to their stature. I have to jump back and forth to make it work.

You can see pretty clearly how Malcolm played the riff in a couple of spots in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA

Thanks Chris!! Got a great shot of Mal moving his hand back and forth. I've always liked watching Mal play that Gretch. Looks bigger than him. IMO I think he was one of the best rhythm guitarist.

This trying to get my left hand and right hand to work together is driving me crazy!

# 4
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/22/2021 11:36 am
Originally Posted by: snpfarm

Thanks Chris!! Got a great shot of Mal moving his hand back and forth. I've always liked watching Mal play that Gretch. Looks bigger than him. IMO I think he was one of the best rhythm guitarist.

You're welcome. Malcolm is a legend for sure. :)

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.