View post (Playing Back in Black)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
10/15/2021 3:03 am
Originally Posted by: snpfarm

I have zero issues playing my Epiphone Les Paul Standard. That's why I bought it.[/quote][p]

OK. If you say so, but if you think about it, that contradicts your request for a workaround if you "have zero issues playing my Epiphone Les Paul Standard". FWIW I would, and albeit smaller than average or proportional to height, my hands are larger than yours given the information supplied.

Just trying to help offering viable alternatives not stuck in the "one size should fit all" mentality box. What you choose to do with the info is up to you. Horse to water idiom. [br][br]Among my inventory I've got a Harley Benton SC Custom (customised Les Paul clone) BTW, but they have a fast "SlimTaper" profiled contemporary neck and although they are a solid mahogany body and still heavy relatively, they aren't quite the log the thicker bodied standard Epis are. Played those chunky necked Epis. Ugh. Not for my hands. There are just alternatives better suited to smaller hands [u]AFAIC[/u]. [br][br]That said, [u]sincerely[/u] glad yours now apparently works for you with [u]"zero issues"[/u]. [br][br][quote=snpfarm]I'm well aware of what my limitations are. I try to find work around for songs I have trouble with....actually that's what I thought I was doing when I started this thread....asking if anyone might know of another way to play a particular section of the song that I had trouble with.

[p]

Already provided. Did you actually watch right through beginning to end [u]how[/u] Andy fingers and frets BIB and his later comments on [u]how to execute the stretch[/u] I provided for you in a timed hotlink within those hotlinks? That's about as much of a workaround and solid advice for smaller hands as you'll find IMV&E. Re Andy's hands, remember the camera distorts & always makes everything look larger than in real life. Andy does have shortish thicker fingers, but a loads of experience and many decades on that guitar as well as being an exceptionally gifted tutor. Note how he places the LP body when in the sitting position too.[br][br]Anyway GL with it regardless. My intention was to assist, not dent buyer pride or offend ego by being misinterpreted as denigrating your guitar per se. In time you may, or not, discover the validity of what I've said previously = true.