View post (Right Hand Improvement Techniques)

View thread

Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/09/2021 11:19 am

For any song on GuitarTricks, there are speed buttons on the left hand side of the video frame that will allow you to slow the song down to 90%, 75%, and 50% speed without affecting the pitch. Unfortunately, this capability is not available on the app version of GT, but is fully active in the browser version.

YouTube also has this capability. You can slow down any YT video by clicking on the settings cogwheel at the bottom right of the video frame. It will allow you to slow the video down to 75% or 50% without affecting the pitch.

Beyond that, there are several computer programs that allow you to do this with mp3 or wav files - Transcribe and The Amazing Slow Downer come to mind. Just do a google search and probably many more will come up.

Hope this helps - let me know how it goes!

Mike

Originally Posted by: bryanwilson01

Thanks for the tips Mike,,, I will work on slowing things down,,, Do you have a tip or recommendation on how to slow a song down to a learning speed without changing the way it sounds? There are a couple I would like to work on but not sure how to play along at a slower speed. thanks!!

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach