View post (Beginner need help choosing electric guitar)

View thread

LamphunLamyai
LamphunLamyai
03/04/2021 10:18 am

I have small hands with short stubby fingers. I want to purchase an electric guitar and start learning as a hobby. I'm older than dirt, retired and bored. My favorite guitarist was Jimmie Hendrix. I played nylon string acuostic guitar 45+ years ago. I could strum a few chords and I sucked. It seemed like my fingers were always hitting two strings when I tried to cover one string with a finger. That's my past. I'm sure there is technique to fix that problem

So, now I want to forget what I knew in the past and start learning with lessons.

I'd like to buy an electric guitar that will work for my hand size. I'd like to keep the price moderate like in the $200 range. So any suggestion regarding how to pick an electric guitar for learning would be appreciate. Info like recommended neck length, fret spacing, and whatever I should know about. Fyi, I live in Thailand so I'm going to have to depend on buying a guitar from a local shop and I really don't know what they carry. I don't have the option of buying on Amazon. They often don't ship to Thailand and if they did I'd end up paying twice the price due to Thailand's import duties. So I need enough information to select a guitar locally at a Thai music shop based on the guitar's dimensions although I may be able to find specific makes and models. At this point I just don't know.

Any honest info and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.[br]Thanks!

[br][br]