View post (Santa's early ....left these today)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
12/25/2020 1:22 am
Originally Posted by: JeffS65Having played using Jazz picks even prior to red Jazz III's (I started on black Jazz II's), I'd say the effect is real. And having worked on going back, for strumming, to standard sized picks, I've surmised that the Jazz III's small size makes them easier to keep grip on and with the minimal tip exposure, allows the user more control. When I was 'shreddy' guy back when, these were the only pick I'd use. I was reasonably fast and clean. This pick helped a lot. So, I endorse the idea that there is something to the shape and size.[/quote]

Thanks for affirming it's not my imagination. Everything you say above (except commonality of starting on Jazz II blacks) , ditto. Notably the tip exposure and precision/control.

Originally Posted by: JeffS65Those DC adapters are cool. I mean, now, the only pedal I actually have is the tuner and it takes 2 2032 watch-style 'wafer' batteries. I'm pretty dillegent with not keeping pedals on/engaged to kill batteries. I picked that up early on. Even now it's automatic for me.

Procedure is my nature, but for some reason with pedals, unless powered by an external pedal PSU with their attention getter power state reminder LEDs, I still do forget regularly. I think it's attributable to mentally associating having 'switched them off' with their foot toggle switch reinforced visually by their active indicator LED going out even though intellectually I know that the real switching is in the TS input jack. So that albeit draining minimum current when toggled inactive, they are still switched on as long as there is a TS cable or patch cable plug inserted.

Typically it only occurs when I am using 1~3 pedals and don't bother with the (floater/spare) PSU (pictured), and never on the pedalboard with its own PSU slung under. I have a few of PSUs including a couple of wall warts, but find batteries convenient for ad hoc deployment. Although I buy my 9v batteries in bulk 20 packs, it gets expensive, along with inconvenient anywhere but home. Internal batteries without the visual reminder was my folly. With those 9v adapters, visual, independent & pocket portable in the same vein as my Blackstar Fly 3 amps, and also convenient in swapping between pedals quickly when desired.

Yer, other than those 3 seen in the pic above (Booster, Looper, Tuner), my pedals are for most frequently deployed in conjunction with my valve amp. The others have a wide range of onboard effects and their own proprietary footpedals for toggling channels and effects.

[quote=JeffS65]rolling in their refrigerator of rack effects, I'd plop down my little setup and on average sounded better than the refrigerator if stuff.

This rendered me a hearty laugh. Truth in humour.