View post (Santa's early ....left these today)

View thread

JohnGC
JohnGC
12/23/2020 12:28 am
Originally Posted by: manXcat
Originally Posted by: JohnGCFather Cristmas came early for me as well. I now have a Mystic Surf green Fender Professional 11 Strat. I think the whole family must have posted him early letters telling him I was a member of Guitar tricks.

Woohoo! Someone must have been an especially good boy this year.

Super excited for you. Fab guitar, & love your choice of colour. Can't beat any of the colour classics on a Strat. Pic?

Have you got a Fender amp John? If not, maybe drag in cousins, nieces and nephews to write more letters? = P

Can't praise enough how perfect a combo with that Strat for Blackface cleans Fender amps can be, and with Tweed tones 'to die for'.

Thank you very much, I think the family thought if they got me a nice fender I would dare not give up until I could play a few tunes hee he. I have to practice extra hard as I have to make up for my age, ( whispers 78 years ) but I do have the advantage of having played piano and can read music. The guitar sounds great and I have it combined with a Boss Katana 50 and a Mooer Reecho pedal. I might drop a hint next year for a Fender amp. Must thank you for the input you give on all your very helpful post I for one appreciate it. I must have a look to find out how to post a photo of the fender on GT.