View post (Santa's early ....left these today)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
12/22/2020 9:19 pm
Originally Posted by: matonanjin2They look pretty thick; are they?[/quote]

[br]Yes. 1.38mm. Small footpriint.

I use a variety of different picks purpose dependent, but these most of the time now. My picking technique has evolved over the (almost) three years.

Footprint, shape, bevel and attack technique notwithstanding, it's difficult to put into words, but the density/texture of the material they're made of for wont of a better description seems to impart a distinctive 'Jazz III tonal signature'. I've certainly questioned plausibility of that perception and whether it's psychosomatic or real in seeking some qualitative evidentiary basis for it. But in the end just have to go with intuition from ear and finger 'analysis' repeatedly informing me it isn't.

Originally Posted by: JeffS65I got a few things like a neck cradle for doing setups but I decided that I needed a direct signal tuner.[/quote]

Nice. Headstock cradle one of those must haves for own setups, and +1 for a mini-pedal tuner. Korg kit. Always reliable. Footprint is one of those things I found with hands on experience facilitates individual pedal use off pedalboard too. Although my pedal tuner is larger footprint with internal battery capability, I have on some of these for mine when I want to use it independently off the pedalboard or a DC PSU. Convenient, I prefer to use them, otherwise I always forget to disconnect the input TS cable and end up with a flat 9v battery the next day.

Speaking of Korg kit, have you seen this. I was unaware of them until I went to Korg's site to have a look at your pedal tuner today. One of these is going on my GAS list for 2021, if only in consideration of the ears of my wife and neighbours. P.S. I hope Santa hasn't forgotten to include some of these of these that footswitch footprint sock & bare foot friendlier. These presbyopic eyes find them a pedal/board target friendler aid in a mood dimmed studio room light too.

[quote=faith83]home recording studio set up.

Curiosity of all piqued. You can't just stop there. = P

@snojones Empty stocking? = [

[quote=SusanMW]UPS and USPS guys brought me some ukulele and guitar books. And a new ukulele strap

Sounds like you are very much into your new Uke Susan. +1 on good books. A fav here too.