View post (Ibanez rg652ahm VS anything)

View thread

ikebana
ikebana
12/11/2020 7:57 pm

hello!

So I'm a living room guitarist, a medium-bad one! Musically I like almost every genré I can think of and the streaming services really made it possible to dig deep in records I never would have listened to otherwise. I (my wife) want to keep the gear in my house down and my go-to instrument is Fender Telecaster Performer. My other is a Gretsch Electromatic. I do like my Gretsch but it mostly stands there on it's own. I will be selling that one i think.

So....I want something totally new. I want to learn how to play faster. I don't need another guitar for that, but as you say here in sweden "Nöden har ingen lag". As usual I dig deep into the task but I tend to get hooked up on the prize almost directly and forget everything else.

My budget is 1500 to 2000$ and yes, I can buy a cheap one that serves me well. However I don't have that many other hobbies exept running so I can afford to own a quality instrument. I also enjoy the feeling of good craftmenship.

I have my eyes set on an Ibanez RG652ahm. But are their other alternativs compared to that one that I should be thinking of? I want something that feels comfy and fast.....and good looking. Hit me! :)