View post (Modding My Guitar)

View thread

Dave-H
Dave-H
10/25/2020 6:04 am

Thanks for the tips, ManXcat! I am replacing the bridge because the trem bar was broken in shipping and the counter weight is pretty skimpy. Obviously, I don't use it, but it would be cool if I could, My guitar is an EG112C2. The Saddles are stamped steel, just like Fender saddles, but I hear rave reviews of roller saddles, and they are cheap. I have no plans to throw away the Pacifica saddles, If I don't like the rollers, it's easy enough to swap back. I suppose I could just replace the weight on the Pac bridge, but I like the look of the Wilkinson

Since I would have to take the bridge off to fix it anyway, why not just replace it? I wonder if it would be worth swapping to a 2 post bridge instead of the screwdown bridge.

Glad to hear my choice of pick-ups doesn't suck. I am debating whether to go with a hotrail at the neck, or just recut the pick guard to accomodate the Alnico 5. I know this sounds like a lot of work and money to put into a Pacifica, but as much as for the sound, I am doing it just to see if I can, and get a better guitar in the process!