View post (Long time owner, substandard player here.)

View thread

greg.sacrey
greg.sacrey
02/25/2020 5:04 pm

Hey folks,

I have owned a couple of guitars for years. I have owned my acoustic (Yamaha F310 I think) for 18+ years and my electric for about 30 years (Yamaha SE350). I really should be awesome. Or at least good. Hell, I should at least be ok.

I am none of those things really. Very mediocre at best.

I have taken stabs at playing a number of times over the years. I love the idea of being able to play but never sunk in the time and effort it required to truly play.

I am not a complete neophyte but not too far ahead of one. My son has recently become interested in guitar and knowing his approach to things in life, he will probably nail this. He has inspired me to pick mine up and set a goal for myself. I have two guitars but have never bought one for myself. Both were gifts that I am thankful for. That said, I want to earn a new one for myself. My dream is to own a Gibson Les Paul or ES and due it some justice.

When I feel I have reached a level where I don't make people cringe or run away I will treat myself. I doubt I will ever become awesome but I think I can reach good.

I found Guitar Tricks and very quickly fell in love with the approach and layout. I think this could work for me. I just have to work for myself.

Anyways I thought I would say hello and introduce myself.

Greg

Getting better...