View post (Favourite guitarist)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
01/20/2020 12:16 am

I have to agree with Jeff Beck. If you are not familiar with his work watch "Jeff Beck live at Ronnie Scotts". You can probably still find a copy on the internet, but you might have to do a little searching to find a cop y that hasn't been pulled for copyright reasons. Keep looking, or go buy a copy.

The man is the best master of tone I know of. Nobody since the sixties has made a guitar howl and sing across a broader pallette than Jeff Beck. Watch how he changes tone from note to note, mid phrase, again, and again. Nobody has that broad a command of the nuances of electric guitar. Utterly stunning! (Be prepaired to come to the same realization that I did.... That being, I will never come any closer to this virtuistic giant than I will to jumping out the window and flying sans aircraft)

I am also impressed that he didn't just coast on his Yardbirds fame. He has consistantly developed the depth of his skill year after year, until now that Yardbird stuff is barely present in his current performances. Not that it isn't still good material, it is that he has evolved beyond that stuff. THE MAN IS A GENIUS AND AN ABSOLUTE FRETBOARD WIZARD!

Captcha is a total pain in the........