View post (Weird Advantage I discovered)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
11/01/2019 6:03 pm
Originally Posted by: KellyAM

You know what, I was kind of hastey when I selected my bag of picks at the store, these are pretty stiff so they hit pretty hard which is what I was thinking I'd need for a metal genre. But since I'm following the fundamental tracks right now, that might not be such a great idea.[br][br]When I was at the store picking out my guitar, the sales guy handed me his pick to play with and it was so flexible it was like strumming with a piece of thin cardboard. They can be a little pricey if you just buy a pack of each kind but since you mentioned it, I'll look for a variety pack--that might actually cure a few of my minor frustrations--thanks!

My suggestion is to get a pack of regular picks to have forw hen you need to strum.

However, if you're going to play metal. This Jazz III's I'm talking about, that would be the kind of pick you're looking for. Link>>

I was a metal shredder for years. I'm old now and my music streaming has all kinds of metal. My playing has mellowed. For my metal shredding days, I lived by the Dunlop Jazz III's. They are smalland point and are great for precision playing. Having a very stiff pick may seem like it is hard to use, but it's not. It takes a little getting used to but if you're practicing whatever metal song you're jamming on, this is a pick that will get you that dig and agression you're eventually going to want.

So, try the Jazz picks and then get some of the normal sized, standard picks for strumming stuff you might need.