View post (Use slow down software as a tool)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
03/28/2021 4:23 pm
Originally Posted by: bcraig4J

Sir about songsurgeon

does it really

1.detect tempo

2.detect the chords

3.able to slow down to a crawl without changing the pitch

4.have fix that unwater type of sound when speed is very slow

So after a 6 or 7 month period someone rescusitated this thread and I relooked at my post. I want to make sure I am not misleading. In my enthusiasm for it, I may have overstated Song Surgeon's capabilities.

1 and 2 above remain "Yes".

But!

"3.able to slow down to a crawl without changing the pitch" Define "crawl". With any software, if you slow it enough, it will change the pitch. Is that speed different with Song Surgeon (slower)? from what I understand from other users, yes. I haven't compared.

"4.have fix that unwater type of sound when speed is very slow". Again, dfine "very slow". If you slow it enough, and I think that threshold is below 40% or so, it will start sounding "gurgly". But again, I think this is the case with any similar use software. But it has to be slow enough that the usefullness is no longer there.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45