View post (can B7 be a plain old note?)

View thread

VulcanCCIT
VulcanCCIT
06/25/2019 7:13 pm

Thank you all for your awesome advise!! No worries on edits of my origional post, rephrasing it, etc... I get it... I played Clarinet all through Grade School and High School, I under stand notes, I understand the clefs, I even understand chords, and how they all build on seceral other notes to create the harmonic. I am also a broadcast engineer and deal with harmonics in the electronic world lol. I also know sharps, flats, accidentals, naturals and all of that as I am also learning piano and learned this on Clarinet.

I am about to tackle chords on the piano as well. Clarinets do not do chords lol but I can play by ear on clarinet and piano, as well as by reading sheet music... so I just was trying to shortcut that particular song by just fretting the melody and try to just get a better feel for playing the guitar as a whole. I am on the the beginner Lisa courses... I know I think 6 of the "simple" chords. [br][br]I think after the excersise of this thread and the explinations (which I found TOTALLY VALUABLE BY ALL OF YOU no matter how you phrased it), is that I just need to learn the fret board. On piano, I know where middle C is, I know how to do the scales, I know how to play a flat or a sharp depending on the key, knowing that oh yes, it is a flat in one key but a sharp in another, I know the naturals and when to play them.

On Piano, I just have not yet learned chords, that is in a few lessons up the road on the app I am using to learn...

but Guitar, I just have not taken the time to learn the fret board... I know the open strings are

EADGBE

I just have not learned how and where the rest of the notes are, how to do a sharp and a flat, and learning the relationship of the frets, the strings and the notes (flats, sharps, etc) that can be obtained, let alone using a capo to totoally change it up lol

SO, thank you to all and please do not argue on my part hahaha you all are awesome and being an engineer and an IT guy I have to decipher all kinds of texts... forums included, so rephrasing and restating is awesome.

In fact when I tackle a subject... Computer Programming for example, which I am self

taught, I buy books on the subject by other authors for the exact reason to read it from that authors perspective, or more to the point, how they phrased the subject.

SO.... SO MANY THANKs to all of of you! I hope this thread helps others :) :)

Chuck,

Phoenix, Arizona