View post (Switching between simple AMinor and E)

View thread

VulcanCCIT
VulcanCCIT
05/20/2019 1:22 am

ManXCat, thank you as well, I think, along with JeffS65's advice, I will do Am over and over... so that I can just hit that anytime.. grab the neck do Am.... as I stated earlier, fingers hurt, but I hope to hit it when I get back from travel. To the others that replied, thank you so much! glad to hear I am not the only one and I have company. I love this forum, love guitar tricks, and love both the guitar and Piano... [br][br]Just for fun, after this lesson, I tried to play along with Gordon Lightfoot to "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" (which I hope you folks will make a lesson out of) using the #1 e string only to hit the major notes lol...I got a few, but it was hard to change it up and get to the correct fret on time... I eventually was able to do 2 frets...and would wait for that note to come up in the song, then play it... In Grade School and High School, when playing Clarinet, I did much better at playing by ear, than by the sheet music. All of this is fun and exciting, but just a bit painful on the fingers lol.

Chuck,

Phoenix, Arizona