View post (The Old Folks' Beginners Thread)

View thread

shannon77n
shannon77n
08/28/2019 8:15 pm

Well it looks like they put us oldies out here in this post but , i'm totally cool with that. I'm 57 and never had a chance to pick up a guitar and try to play it, well now i'm retired, kids all gone and grandkids old enough to be doing their on thing. So I had to try. Without getting into details of why and how, simply know I started a 14 day trail , and was eager to start paying my way . I'm 34% through ( just starting as a newbie as we all now know ) the first chapter of this part of my life. I will learn to play simply so I can play my wife a love song and my greatgrandkids lullabys before I pass on. Everything I do I can't help but feel I'm always behind everyone else. This has been no different. But seeing these post do help me feel i'm not alone on this journey. Will I ever pick up an electric guitar and try to rock with my grandson? Who knows, but maybe one day he'll pick up an acoustic and play a simple song with me at Christmas.Thanks GT for this . And I wish everyone greasy fingers on those sticky frets!