View post (The Old Folks' Beginners Thread)

View thread

sgautier8th
Full Access
sgautier8th
Full Access
05/08/2019 10:00 pm

CCangia - I just learned Happy Birthday for my daughter's birthday this past weekend, she loved it ! Don't be afraid to improvise once you get the basic chords down. Watch Lisa's video - D to A, A to D, D to G, D A D

Working on Minor Scale in Fundamentals 2, slowed down quite a bit on the Fundamentals course because there is soooo much to take in and work on. I could finish up Tutorial 6 and move on to the final Tutorial 7 and finish in the next week, but even aside from needing to go back and improve my speed and ability to "play along with the Band" in time, I don't know if I can fit anything else in my head: Barre Chord transitions continue to be a bitch and then there is rhythm and timing, of everything! Memorizing where all of the notes are; I can figure it out easily enough, but being able to move to a note or a chord quickly? And now the confusion starts to set in, information overload!! Scales, Keys, Minor and Major, are we really supposed to memorize the open scales? AAAArrrggggHHHHH!