View post (Your first)

View thread

Robbie10000
Robbie10000
01/04/2001 5:42 am
well when i was very little my grandpa used to always play his strat and id sit and watch him and ask him how he does it and even try but i was like 4 or 5 and the thing was really kinda heavy and i could barly pick it up let alone play it... but i guess my best friend a few years back got me into wanting to play guitar.. he had it all you know how it is, hes the musician that knows it all, hes even worked with stevie nicks... (yeah that stevie nicks... i didnt belive it either till he brought me a pic of em)any ways i was chillin over at his house after school one day and we was listing to blues travelers "runaround" and he was playin it.. and i said damn that stuffs easy to do aint it, of coarse he said yea, so i went home and "stole" my step dads global accustic and started "tryin" to play but it just wasnt workin so i went to my grandpa and told him that i was intrested and he gave me his ovation accustic/electric that he had had for about 30 some odd years and told me to practice on that, but if i got bored with it to give it back to him and that if i sold it he would kick my ass... well i taught my self, bought a strat, and i have been playing every since... anyways thats my story and now you can wake up!