View post (Your first)

View thread

innocci
innocci
03/26/2023 3:06 am
#0 Originally Posted by: OldSkoolPunk02
What turned you onto music first? What did you hear on radio, tape? And you where just blown away.. Well me I listened to the radio I had songs I like but music was just the radio, nothing special. Then my mom got me a Manowar CD. I played that CD. This was the first metal I heard. I started to bang my head. It was like love at first hear. That was like 4 years ago. Then my friend sold me Megadeth Peace Sells, and Youthanasia. When I heard thoughs CD's I knew, Metal was for me... Sence then I buy atleast 4 CDs a month. Music is my life now not just playing it, but hearing it. All the time my music is got me though the bad times, and the good times. I swear if I didn't have my music I would be dead by now. I don't know how many times, some good music stop me for ending it all.

------------------
Is it just me or does life suck? Maybe I suck and it just life? We shall never know...
Up with dope! Down with hope!
A guitar is like a woman, touch her right, and she shall sing.

My dad, once upon a time, played guitar for Charlie Pride. I remember as young child watching my father and his friends playing instruments. I couldn't understand how they made the music happen, It was like magic to me. My dad never taught me how to play. I was about eight or so and was at friends house, and they had a guitar that only had three strings left on it, and they let me have it. I remember running home and up to my room, moving fingers up and down the strings, I was so excited by the different sounds. I knew I was going to strive to be a good guitar player, when I first heard Zeppelin iv, Jimmy Page was my guitar hero when I was a teen.