View post (Capo and solos)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
06/17/2019 11:29 pm
Originally Posted by: cfpclu8

the 7 responses have everything to do with guitar. It is an excellent question about soloing with a capo vs. playing chords with a capo. As long as the key doesn't change, any frets above the capo stay the same. So if you're looking at lead tabs and the capo is only used to make the chord positions easier, the lead tabs stay the same as there is no key change.

Try not to be such a dick when someone asks a very good question..

I think a more careful read of the thread is warranted. It looks to me that the referenced posts were (now) deleted spam posts as suggested by the five months between the last remaining post prior to the one that questions the "seven replies immediately above" (there are now only four) and Admin's comments that they "got em."

The Admin guys are quite fast deleting offending posts and are appreciative of tipoffs from members. However, it's much quicker and efficient to email Admin than to post on the Forum.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins