View post (Arranging Songs For Various Playing Skills)

View thread

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
11/24/2017 3:21 pm

The biggest advantage we have is that we can fully relie on the like of Christopher Schlegel as well as some other notable other C.S.'s of the world to demonstrate new and exciting techniques on guitar beyond our own experimentation and development. I'd imagine Christopher maybe wakes up in the middle of the night with some of his ideas because if you follow his courses he's certainly got a ton of them!! The key though is to retain these ideas and techniques to the point where they're second nature. This takes an awfully long time......or at least for me it does! Often dozens of times running through cool licks or chord improvosation isn't enough and then it all becomes a deal where we self-motivate and not let our impatience take over......so to me........the second part of playing skills is retention and utilizing whichever 'skill set' fluidly and almost effortlessly.........This could be a great segway into C.S. doing a GT lesson on how to approach this "trick" (get it?? Guitar Trick??) of getting concepts down to the point where they seem to flow naturally from our fingers and in fact....they do!! Jim C.