View post (Locomotive Breath- Guitar Solo Introduction)

View thread

alffvdh
Full Access
alffvdh
Full Access
08/14/2017 7:50 pm

Hey Tony, I have also struggled with the intro solo. It's taken me two weeks to get to where I can play it reasonably (to my learner standards) . This is in part due to my inexperience (only been learning guitar for about 8 months) and partly due to trying to learn and practice after work when I am mentally jaded. I struggled with what seemed to be a fairly simple pentatonic progression even at slow tempo. Then I had a weekend when it rained heavily, I was forced indoors and decided to get serious. All of a sudden it clicked and I found I could get through it.

It's by no means perfect, and probably still a little slow (haven't played with the performance track yet, only with the "slower" version at the end of the tutorial).

For me, it's just great to have made progress with this. The answer for me has been practice, proper practice with a clear head, and more practice.

The loop system has had a work out too. Loop phrases and play them over and over gradually adding more phrases as progress is made.

Well, that's worked for me. I think this song is doable for me at my level of skill, but not easy.

Stick with it!!!! Great song. I am now really enjoying the power chord verses. Fun after grafting away at the intro solo!!!.