View post (Locomotive Breath- Guitar Solo Introduction)

View thread

tonyd79
Full Access
tonyd79
Full Access
08/14/2017 2:58 am

Tom-

Hello! I've been working on the tutorial Locomotive Breath by Jethro Tull for a few weeks now; the guitar intro has been the most challenging to master by far. Piece by piece, one musical phrase at a time per evening, slowly I put together some resemblance of the entire guitar solo over a week and a half period. [br] [br] What's giving me a problem is executing the musical phrases involving triplets at tempo of song 124 bpm, that would mean the triplets played at a rate of 372 bpm. That's pretty fast and too fast for my abilities to perform at all.[br] [br] I found a pretty good Youtube file of song that I use to practice and adjust speed between 0.5 and 1.0. To my knowledge Guitar Tricks does not have that option to incrementally adjust speed between 0.5 and 1.0. So this is the tool I'm trying to practice the solo. Also there must a "special technique" to work and develop solo playing skills up to bpm other than practice, practice, practice. I feel frustrated faltering on solo now say at even 75% of bpm. Been playing guitar about six years now. [br] [br] Please advise on special techniques for working on solos. Appreciate any input, attached link of 432Hz recording, best file I could find online for clarity and hearing guitar.

Thanks,

Tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia8XstPPtfw